1. What is a trio sonata?
- Some dude playing 3 instruments at the same time
- A sonata with three players
- 2 melody players eg violins + cello and harpsichord (play same melody)
- 4 different players playing the same melody
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false... Opera buffa and comique are the same
3. What is the diffference between an Aria and a Recitative?
- Aria's are sung by chiors, recitative's don't
- An aria allows the singer to reveal what they are thinking, a recitative moves the story along
- They're the same
4. What is a Lied?
- What Jeremy Kyle says when they've failed the lie detector
- A violin and cello duet
- German song- voice and piano either strophic form or 'through composed'
- What you find in a pencil
5. What is a requiem?
- Same as a canata
- Mass for the dead, in latin
- Religious opera, not latin
- A story set with singing and acting
Similar Music resources: