1. What is the scientific stage in Aldriges theory?
- Previous explanations are replaced with science - Disenchantment
- When science overrides science in a way of thinking
- When science becomes rational thought
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Has Science displaced religion?
- No - Islamic Fundamentalism, Peoples Temple
- Yes - Believing without belonging
- No - Still very strong traditions in many cultures
- Yes - People have less time for religion
3. What is Alridges 2007 TMS? - Explanation of the transition to modernity?
- Theory, Mass Media, Society
- Theological, Metaphysical, Scientific
- Theoretical, Modernity, Scientific
4. Who believes that society can no longer be understood through Meta narratives?
- Rosenhan and Jacobson
- Laton et al
5. Why are many scientists seen as servants to wealthy corporations?
- Are constricted on what they can research
- As they use value free and objective research
- As they don't purse value free and objective research
- They don't choose what they are able to research