1. How does Kaye et al (2001) deal with the cause and effect? and what does he find?
- When using SSRI the drug is effective, however malnutrition effects the drug
- SSRI is effective from relapse, but it only works when there is a high weight gain
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found that adolesecent girls with AN had a high levels of Homovanillic acid (dopamine waste)?
- Richards et al (2004)
- Castro - Fornieles at al (2006)
- Kaye et al (2005)
3. As shown in Favaro et al's study on pregnancy and birth complications - what problems cause AN?
- Problems before and after birth
- Problems before birth - Genetic problems
- After birth - Lack of Feeding causing low birth weight
4. What is the main problem with the effects of serotonin on AN patients?
- Culturally Bias
- Cause and effect cannot be established
- Ethical issues
5. What was found from the dopamine study?
- That the increase in dopamine are symptoms and not causes of AN
- That the increase of dopamine is the cause of AN
- That the decrease of dopamine is the cause of AN