1. What is Eric's big secret in the play?
- He fired Eva Smith from a job.
- He is the father of Eva Smith's unborn baby.
- He doesn't like his father.
- He is a drunk.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. At the end, what does Sybil have to face?
- The fact that Sheila has changed and is no longer an innocent child.
- The idea that the Birling name has been disrespected more as the night has gone on.
- Eric's drinking problems and the fact he was the father of an unborn baby.
- Her part in the death of Eva Smith and how she believes it will strongly affect her.
3. Who is Gerald particularly involved with at the beginning of the play?
- Arthur Birling - he sides with him on most things.
- Sybil Birling - they share similar views.
- Eric Birling - they bond over their similar age.
- Sheila Birling - he is completely in love with her.
4. Why did Sybil Birling refuse Eva Smith any help?
- Eva used the family name 'Birling'.
- Mrs Birling was not in a good mood and didn't want to help.
- Eva was very rude to her when they met.
- Eva did not have any problems, and therefore didn't deserve help.
5. What was Eric's involvement in Eva Smith's death?
- He refused her help.
- He had a relationship with her, stole money for her but she left.
- He fired her due to jealously and anger.
- He was violent and cruel towards her.