1. Which of these is not the function of cysteine residue?
- thiol side chain can form bonds with metal ions therefore prosthetic groups in the protien
- CO-NH2 can react with sugars, olgiosaccharides and polysaccharides
- Forms sulphide bonds in the amino acid structures
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which fact about insulin is not correct?
- The (one chain) precursor is proinsulin by proteolytic cleavage
- Secreated by islets of Loughborough
- Stimulates the muscles, liver, adipose cells to store glucose
- Insulin is realeased when blood glucose sugar level is too high
- Insulin formed by 2 polypeptide chains which are connected by 2 sulphur bond
- The 3rd sulphide bond is within one amino acid chain
3. Which of these are not reactions that occur to amino acids?
- Oxidative deamination
4. which of theses acts as carnosine and aresine?
- 2% conc found in skeletal mucles, they act as buffers
- Produced Hydrolysis of methyl esters yeilds (toxic methanol)
5. What are the precursors of Tryptophan and tyrosin?
- Tryptophan= Thyroxin and catecolamines, Tyrosin= serotonin and nicotinamide
- Tryptophan= serotonin and nicotinamide, Tyrosin= thyroxin and catecolamines
- Tryptophan= serotonin and catecolamines, Tyrosin= thyroxin and nicotinamide