1. Which of these is not the function of cysteine residue?
- thiol side chain can form bonds with metal ions therefore prosthetic groups in the protien
- CO-NH2 can react with sugars, olgiosaccharides and polysaccharides
- Forms sulphide bonds in the amino acid structures
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the precursors of Tryptophan and tyrosin?
- Tryptophan= Thyroxin and catecolamines, Tyrosin= serotonin and nicotinamide
- Tryptophan= serotonin and nicotinamide, Tyrosin= thyroxin and catecolamines
- Tryptophan= serotonin and catecolamines, Tyrosin= thyroxin and nicotinamide
3. Which of these are not reactions that occur to amino acids?
- Oxidative deamination
4. Whichc of these statements are incorrect about glutathione?
- Protects heamoglobin from oxidation to methemoglobin
- SH group of cysteine residue easily oxidised
- Protects cellular contents from oxidising agents eg peroxidase and superoxidase
- Detoxification of xenobiotics in Pancrease
- important reducing and antibodies in cell
5. which of theses acts as carnosine and aresine?
- 2% conc found in skeletal mucles, they act as buffers
- Produced Hydrolysis of methyl esters yeilds (toxic methanol)