1. Select the correct statement which explains the function of the plasma membrane
- The plasma membrane gives form to the cell and controls the passage of materials into and out of the cell
- The plasma membrane supports the nucleus and controls the passage of materials between the nucleus and the cytoplasm
- The plasma membrane supports the cytoplasm and transports materials into the cytoplasm
- The plasma membrane moves paricles along the cell surface
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Secretion of hydrogen, activity of buffers in tubular fluid and removal of CO2 are all renal responses to what?
3. What is unusual about the pulmonary vein?
- It is the only vein that carries oxygenated blood
- It carries blood away from the heart
- It is smaller that all the other veins in the body
- It carries de-oxygenated blood to the heart
4. Which of these are NOT a general function of electrolytes in the body?
- They maintain cell wall integrity
- The carry electrical currents
- Some act as cofactors for enzzyme activities
- They aid maintenance of acid base balance
5. What does the systolic value represent?
- When the ventricles relax
- When the ventricles contract
- When the atria relaxes
- When the atria contracts
Similar Biology resources: