- December 2009
- Should aim to keep temperature increases to below 2 degrees
- 128 countries signed it
- Not legally binding
- Pledging $30 billion to LDCs to help them adapt to climate change
Using Renewable Energy Sources
- Reinforces "Think global, act local"
- Release very little CO2
- Can be expensive
- Some rely on weather/ geological processes etc.
- LEDCs don't have the workforce to implement them
- Can cause damage to the environment
- Any fuel from a living being or its waste.
- E.g. wood chippings, excrement, ethanol
- Attempting to try biobutanol in aircraft.
- Brazil is the largest producer of ethanol-16 billion litres
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50-60%
- Carbon neutral. Give out what they take…