- Created by: bethedoc
- Created on: 09-05-12 10:22
In May 1919, the terms of the Treaty of Versailles were announced.
- Germany lost 10% of it land
- Germany lost all of its overseas colonies
- Germany lost 12.5% of its population
- Germany lost 16% of its coal and 48% of its iron industry
- Its army was reduced to 100,000 men that had to be volunteers
- No air force
- Reduced Navy
- War Guilt
When Ebert agreed to the Treaty, he had tipped Germany into chaos.
Resentment against the new government was huge and in early 1919, communist leaders started a series of revolts. The main one was the Spartacists Revolt which was stopped by the Freikorps (ex-soldiers). However, at the end of this victory the Freikorps felt the need for more power. Afraid of this, Ebert tried to disband them but this led to the…