- "Morality has suffered a catastrophy, we have lost our theoretical and pratical morality, we are in the dark ages of moral wisdom"
- Macntyre looked at Greeks such as Achillies as he revered this age where you are seen as you are what you do
- The spectrum of moral virtues and vices, we devlop them through practicing our moral virtues which is known as 'arate'
- Creeated Nichomanean ethics, anything that we do, we do in order to acheive the supreme good
- everything we do is subordante to the supreme good
- "We develop our virtues and so we must do so like archers to better hit our target"
- We develop out arate in order to live good and happy lives- our moral virtues outline the content of our character
- Aristotle created a list of 12 virtues and vices such as courage and temperance
- We have vices when our arate fall into excess or defiency so we need to find the mean and a golden balance in order…