- Created by: chloeannie
- Created on: 23-06-16 09:57
Value free means not making judgements or having no values judgements.
The key argument is those of a Postivist VS Interpretivist perspective.
- Sociology should be and can be value free.
- Sociology should follow the methods of natural science.
- The social world is OBJECTIVE and can be studied in an objective, detatched manner.
- Sociology cannot be value free.
- Social world is SUBJECTIVE - research therefore CANNOT be objective.
COMMITTED SOCIOLOGY (Structural Theories / Theorists)
The role of sociology is to expose the truth about the patriachal society.
The role of sociology is to expose the truth about capitalism.
Which side are you on? Sociologists should be…