- Created by: rebeccareasbeck1
- Created on: 24-03-15 12:50
Was the dissolution pre-planned?
> What were the King's motives for dissolution and did they change?
> To what extent did Henry and Cromwell plan the total dissolution of monastries from the start?
- One argument is that Cromwell had a masterplan fro the dissolution in place from the 1530s and that he always intended to dissolve all of the religious houses in England
- This argument sees Cromwell's motives as both financial and biblical
- Cromwell had promised to make Henry very wealthy at the expense of the Church and the monasteries were an easy target in his eyes
- Also, the dissolution…