This was set up in Weimar as Berlin was a place of unrest after WW1 - Kaiser gone and many uprisings.
Terms of the constitution:
- all citizens over 20 could vote using a secret ballot
- 2 houses of government: Reichstag controlled taxes and Reichsrat had members sent by local regions according to size
- Reichsrat could delay new laws unless 2/3 of the Reichstag agreed it should be passed.
- proportional representation was used so the percentage of votes was the number of seats
- a chancellor chose ministers and ran…