- All three are different manifestations of the ultimate supreme reality of Brahman, the impersonal absolute.
- The energies of creation, maintenance of harmony and order, destruction and re-creation of every aspect of the material universe.
- Brahma as creator, Vishnu as preserver and Shiva as destroyer and re-creator.
- Role: The creator of the universe and all living beings.
- Depiction: Four headed (sacred knowledge of the four vedas) deity facing the four cardinal points showing he is creator in all directions.
- Symbols: …
Similar Religious Studies resources: