Hinduism (Unit J)
The Hindu concept of God
• The concept of Brahman – personal and impersonal
• The Trimurti – Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva
• The concept of avatar
• Personal deities – Krishna, Rama, Ganesh
• Goddesses – Lakshmi, Durga and Saraswati
• The importance of gods and goddesses in Hinduism
• Is Hinduism polytheistic?
• The importance of personal gods in Hinduism
• The significance of the goddess in Hinduism
• Is God unknowable except in personal form?
Worship in Hinduism
• The practice of puja in the home
• The nature, design and purpose of Hindu temples (mandirs)