- The Lungs are protected by the rib-cage and surrounded by the pleural membrane.
- The air you breath goes through the trachea. This splits into 2 tubes called bronchi going into each lung.
- Then the bronchi split into smaller tubes called the bronchioles.
- Finally the bronchioles finally end with small air sacs called alveoli where gas exchange takes place.
- Intercostal muscles and diaphragms contract
- Thorax volume increases
- Intercostal muscles and diaphragms relax
- Thorax volume decreases
The Effect of…