The Early Universe
- The Big Bang that created the universe happened about 13 billion years ago.
- Space, time and radiation were created in the Big Bang.
- At first, the universe was a hot glowing ball of radiation and matter. As it expanded, its temperature fell.
- The universe now is cold and dark except for hot spots that we call stars.
- The stars we see in the night sky are all in the Milky Way galaxy, which is our home galaxy.
- We can see many more stars in the Milky Way Galaxy using a powerful telescopes. We can also see individual stars in other galaxies.
- There are billions of Galaxies in the universe.
- There is a vast empty space between them
- Light from the furthest galaxies that we…
Similar Science resources: