- Created by: Tahalia
- Created on: 09-12-19 13:36
What is Psychology?
- Psychology is the scientifc study of the mind and behaviour.
- Psychologists look at what people and animals do, why they do it, and how they feel.,
- It is a science so everything has to be investigated.
- You need to come up with a theory and then scientifically investigate it.
- Things can be reduced to cause-and-effect processes.
- Wundt believed that the underlying structure of human experience can be broken down into smaller measurable parts using introspection.
But is Psychology a science?
- To make something a science:
1. Objectivity- Nonj-biased or influenced.
2. Control - under controlled conditions.
3. Predictability - use results to predict further behaviour.
4. Hypothesis testing- Theories generate predictions which can either strengthen or disprove the theory.
5. Replication - People should have confidence in the results, so when they do it, they get the…