- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 20-04-21 20:02
Types of Policies
- Direct policies: Policies aimed at changing or reinforcing gender roles, e.g shared parental leave.
- Indirect policies: Policies that may not have intended to impact on gender roles but have had a subsequent impact, e.g the closure of Sure Start centres.
Impact of Policy on Gender Roles
- Maternity and paternity leave.
- Increased divorce and negotiated family.
- Availability of childcare.
- Increased career opportunities.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 9 months paid maternity leave (12 months total) reinforces the traditional role of the female as the primary caregiver.
- Introduction of shared paternity leave acknowledges the role of the father in a child's life and allows the parents to split parental leave.
- Both partners can have up to 13 weeks off in the first 5…