- Created by: themoderrnage
- Created on: 20-04-21 16:38
Different Approaches to Family Life
- Liberal feminists suggest that society has seen a 'march of progress' towards gender equality at home and in wider society through reforming existing laws.
- Marxist feminists have challenged traditional gender roles at home, examining the unpaid labour of women and the expectations of society on women to look after their husbands.
- Radical feminists are critical of marriage, seeing it as an unequal institution that is patriarchal in nature and where men use financial and physical power to control women.
- Changes to social policies that have impacted the role of women in the family.
- Encouraging employment:
- Equal Pay Act
- Sex Discrimination Act
- Equality Act
- Control over reproductive rights:
- Family Planning Act
- Marital Rights:
- Divorce Reform Act
- Exclusion of Marital **** Clause
- Impacts of unpaid labour in the home:
- Dual burden
- Triple shift
- Expectations of women…