IMMUNE SYSTEM CAN ATTACK PATHOGENS
- If pathogens make it into your body, your immune system kicks in to destroy them.
- The most important part of immune system is the WBC.They travel around in your blood and crawl into every part of you, constantly patrolling for pathogens..
- Ever cell has molecules on its surface called antigens, each unique to specific cell type that its found on. WBC have have special receptors on their membrane helping to identifyantigens or pathogens.
- in a healthy pathogen, WBC recognise antigens on pathogens as foriegn and antigens on normal body cells as self.
- when they come across foriegn anigens the immune system is triggered to destroy and invading pathogens.
THREE LINES OF ATTACK
Some WBC(phagosites)have a…