Suffragettes vs. Suffragists
- Formed in 1903 by Emmeline Pankhurst as a sub division of the NUWSS.
- Aim: Gain women's suffrage on equal terms with men- but prepared to use militant action as a result of frustation with the lack of progress of the NUWSS e.g. smashing windows.
- Radicals ''Deeds not Words''
- In 1913, they had 2000 members
- From 1906 they became more radical to put pressure on the Liberal government e.g....
- They bombed DLG's house
- Set fire to post boxes
- 1913 Derby- Emily Davidson jumped in front of the King's horse and was killed in order to…