Christian Beliefs About Suffering
- God is loving and compassionate, that he is aware of human suffering and cares about how people feel.
- Christians speak to God in prayer in the belief that: he hears them and will comfort and strengthen them in their suffering; he will answer prayers but whether he does what is asked depends on whether it is his will also and for his intervention in their situation.
- In all situations God has a plan that is in the best interests of humankind even if it involves immense suffering
- God cares for the people involved
- By continuing to suffer, a person's faith may be growing and bringing them closer to God
- God is able to relate to human suffering as he sent his son to earth who suffered
- Humans therefore share in the suffering of Christ and he in…