- Created by: allywayland
- Created on: 06-02-14 21:26
Giant Ionic Lattices
- Each ion attracts oppositely charged ions from all directions; each ion is surrounded by oppositely charged ions.
- This means that they attract ions to each other to form a GIANT IONIC LATTICE
From this NaCl structure, you can see that:
- Each Na+ ion is surrounded by 6 Cl- ions.
- Each Cl- ion is surrounded by 6 Na+ ions.
Properties of Ionic Compounds
High Melting and Bioling Points:
Ionic Compounds are solid at room temperature, this is because the energy required to…