• Also called “somnambulism.”
• It is a parasomnia = undesired events that come along with sleep.
• Happens during deep sleep
• Sufferer may be difficult to awaken and will probably not remember the sleepwalking incident.
• More likely to occur if a person is sleep deprived.
• You are still asleep but you:
– Get up & walk around
– sit up in bed and look around in a confused manner
– Jump out of bed and run around as though you’re being chased
– talk or shout as you are walking.
– do routine daily actions that are not normally done at night
– wee in the bin
– move furniture around
– climb out of a window
– show hostile or violent behaviour
– Sleeptalking (or screaming if also having night terror)
• In rare cases, a patient will get in the car and drive away.
• Indecent exposure and other sexual behaviours may also occur.
• Adults might dream or hallucinate while they sleepwalk.
• Some people will eat.
• Your eyes are usually open and have a confused, “glassy” look to…