- Created by: johnb2002
- Created on: 14-11-18 17:58
Catholic Christianity Unit 1
Trinity 1.1 -
- Christians worship only in one God (monotheism) because: it is a teching in the Bible, Jesus taught in the greatest commandment that there is only one God, and God;s unity is the teaching of the Magisterium, the creeds and the Catechism.
- However, Christians believe that although God is one, he is also a Trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Nicene Creed explains that there is one being - God - made up of three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who are all equal and eternal.
- Believing that God is the Father means that a Christians relationship with God sould be like a child's relationship with its father.
- God creates human life like a father and so he has a continuing relationship of love and care with all of His children.
- God will provide people with daily bread and protect them from evil because He is 'our Father'.
- Believing that Jesus is the son of God show Catholics believe that Jesus is God who has become a hyman being.
- Jesus is the son of God conceived by the action of the Holy(virgin birth)
- Believing that Jesus is the Son of God is important for Catholics because only God's Son could forgive people's sins and institute the Mass.
- Catholics believe that the Holy Spirit is the means by which God communicates with humans and is inspired by the Bible.
- The Holy Spirit is the means by which God helps the Church…