Different Religions in Britain 1603
- Believed that the Church and services should be plain and simple. They didn't like extravagent churches with stained glass windows and didn't believe in wearing robes.
- They were very anti-Catholic and believed the Church of England wasn't reformed enough.
- Believed in extravagent churches and service (opposite of Puritans).
- The Pope is head of the church.
- The priest was believed to have special powers and every Catholic was expected to communicate to God through him.
- Bishops were in charge of the Church.
- The King was in charge of the bishops, so, in charge of the Church of England - they just ran it for him).
- Protestants saw Catholics as the anti-Christ.
- A system of church government without Bishops.
- It gave a lot of power to individual congregations.
- This took power away from the King (he didn't support this system, even though he was brough up with…