Religion can be seen as a conservative force in two different senses;
- Conservative in the sense of traditional
- Conservative because it functions to conserve or preserve things as they are
- Most religions have traditional conservative beliefs about moral issues and oppose changes that allow individuals more freedom, for example, the catholic church forbids divorce.
- Most religions uphold family valuesm supporting a traditional patriachal domestic division of labour.
- Religion is also conservative in the sense of the world, functioning to conserve of preserve things as they are, this…