Religion and Work
· Vocation – A divide call from God, to work.
· Code of Conduct – a set of rules and expectations which is given to an employee by an employer.
· Fair wage – appropriate pay for the time, effort and skill given to a job
· Trade Union – A society of workers formed to protect and improve their interests.
· Career – a job or occupation in which people earn a wage
Teachings about Work:
Buddhism – ‘He who gathers wealth by oppressing others is cursed’ ‘All work is noble if performed in the right way’
Christianity – ‘The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it’ ‘If a man will not work, he shall not at’
Islam – ‘No one eats better food than that which they have earned by their own labours’
Hinduism – ‘Perform your prescribed duty, for action is better than inaction. A man cannot even maintain his physical body without work’
Sikhism - ‘My own occupation is to work to praise the Lord.’
The Dalai Lama:
Was spreading a message of peace and compassion throughout the world. He is the Tibetan spiritual leader and has travelled widely, meeting heads od state and spiritual leaders. In recognition of his efforts, he was awarded…