- Created by: dbrennan
- Created on: 05-03-19 13:41
The core ideas of nationalism:
- 5 key concepts.
- Language: Key aspect of culture because it binds people together in an organic way. Common lanage indicates a long, common history especially for Germans, the French and Italiens according to Fichte and Herder (early conservaitve nationalists).
- Religion: the nationality of Jewish people is defined by their religious identity.
- Culture: the concept of a shared history. For example, Brtiain which is a multinational population which has a strong sense of cultural identity that binds them together. Traditions in the arts, pride in history and a strong set of values.
- Ethnicity: biological divisions of the world cannot always be translated into national differences, but when they are translated they make a powerful combination. For…