- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 09-02-19 22:59
Attitudes towards the land and nature
- The Great Plains had very harsh weather conditions- extreme heats, and massive winds like tornadoes.
- They communicated to the spirit world through animals.
- Some rules were: don't abuse nature, dont take anything unneccessary for survival.
- They saw the environment as something to fit in with, not to exploit.
- They believed it supported all living things.
- Bison and Buffalo were particularly important to them.
- The Indians believed everything in nature had a spirit and these spirits would sometimes help humans.
- Over the Plains, land was very difficult to farm and no one person owned this land as property. Land wasn't something that could be bought or sold.