- Kepler's Laws: 1. The sun is situated at one of the foci of the ellipse.
2. The area swept by the path of a planet in orbit is constant.
3. The orbital period if a planet was related to its mean radius (Period²∝Radius³)
- Retrograde motion: when it looks like planets went back on themselves and looped.
- Centripetal Force- Planets in orbit accelerate as their direction changes, therefore there must be a force. This force acts towards the centre.
Equations for Centripetal forces:
Angular velocity (ω) = angle / time (rads^-1) For one complete revolution, ω= 2π/T
a=rω²=v²/r F=mrω² = mv²/r
- All particles…