Of Mice and Men - Chapter 6
- Lennie arrives at the pool. He 'sees' Aunt Clara who lectures him, and he 'sees' a rabbit, who mocks him.
- George arrives. He recites the dream to Lennie, and then he shoots him in the back of the head.
- The other men turn up. Slim realises what George has done and comforts him.
- The book ends with Carlson saying ' Now what the hell ya suppose is eatin' them two guys'
- Lennie dies in a place of death and destiny - it couldn't of happened in a more beautiful spot.
- Lennie has a dream of going away and living in a cave, like an animal. When he returns to the pool, in nature…