- Created by: Anna
- Created on: 15-06-15 11:19
Freud's Psychoanalytical Theory
- Manifest Content- Actual content of dreams
- Latent Content- Hidden meaning behind dreams
- Dream work- Protects sleeps
- Purpose of dreaming is wishfulfiment
- Id is less active when asleep so desires which are unable to be fulfilled in the conscious can be fulfilled through dreams, but indirectly.
- Solms 2000- Those who suffer brain damage are unable to dream, linking the role of the id and the brain.
- van Castle- 800/1000 dreams are involved with negative emotions
- Zadra- 85% dreams are linked with negative feelings
- Dreams shoudn't involve this if they are wish fulfilment
- Nightmares- Dreamwork failing to protect the sleep contradicting Freud's theory, 50% of adults experience nightmares.
Freud didn't address that only 5% of…