- Created by: Ollie710
- Created on: 19-11-16 10:58
- There are two types of timber, hardwood and softwood, this does not mean that softwoods aren't hard and hardwood aren't soft.
- Softwood: softwoods come from coniferus trees that are evergreen, needle leaved, cone-berring trees, such as cedar, fur and pine.
- Hardwood: hardwoods come from broad-leaved, deciduous trees.
properties and uses of hardwood
- open grained, tough and flexible
- used for sports equipment, tool handels
- tough, closed grained, strong
- warps easily
- used for furniture
- light brown
- strong, hard, tough, opened grain
- corrodes steel screws
- used for …