- Christians central belief that when they die they will have the chance of eternal life.
- Many Christians believe that they will go to Heaven, Hell or Purgatory, depending how well they have lived their life on earth.
The main belief is that the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross means that all the people who follow him will have the opportunity of eternal life with God when they die.
- This belief is found in the Nicene Creed, it states:
"We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come."
- It is not clear whether people will go straight to Heaven after death or if they will wait until the Day of Judgement.
Heaven is viewed as a paradise where people live with God forever.
- People who have lived a bad life on Earth will be sent to Hell.
- Christian teachings about Hell have changed…