- Created by: hannahbot123
- Created on: 28-12-14 15:22
The life staages are:
- Infancy (0-2 yrs)
- Early Childhood (3-8 yrs)
- Adolescence (9-18 yrs)
- Early Adulthood (19-45 yrs)
- Middle Adulthood (46-65 yrs)
- Later Adulthood (65+ yrs)
The main features of puberty in females are:
- Menstruation (period starts)
- Pubic hair grows
- Breasts develop
- Hips broaden
The main features of puberty in males are:
- Voice deepens
- pubic hair
- facial hair
- Shoulders broaden
- Testies drop
MIddle Adulthood: menopause
The menopause typically happens in females between the ages of 45 and 55, although it can be sooner or later. The main physical features are:
- Mood swings
- Period stops
- Hot sweat
Later Adulthood: ageing
- Hair greying or loss
- Weaker muscles and stiffer joints
- Thinner and less elastic skin, so wrinkles
- Loss of mobility and height
- Bones become more brittle
- loss of stamina, suppleness and strength
Difference between growth and development
Growth: Increase in height, weight or size.
Development: Changes to how we do things - more complex as we get older.
What is development delay?
It is when a child/infant is unable to learn skills or has missed a milestone which can affect his/her main areas of development.
Causes of development delay:
Biological (nature): genetic or chromosome abnormalities, illness and disease
Social (nurture): life experienceing or parenting
What is the difference between skill and ability?
Skill: being able to undertake practical tasks to at least a certain standard, a special ability or a talent developed through training or experience
Ability: means natural or acquired talents to be able to do something
Education and culure:
- Education affects childrens PIES
- Children benefit from larger playspaces and better equipment; this improves coordination and gross motor skills.
- Children learn to mix and socialize
- Staff promote cognitive development: introducing concepts like numbers and shapes
- Fine motor skills: playing with dough, painting and by writing
- Promote self confidence and esteem
- Esteem linked to positive education experiences
- Develop a sense of belonging
- Stimulating activities like jiqsaw, modellling and books improve development.
Expected life events: starting school, marraige and retirement.
Starting school: positives.
- Learning to grow socially and mentally
- Development of fine motor skills
- Learning new things
- Risk of bullying
- Feeling emotionally isolated
- Pressure from parents, teachers and peers
- A fresh start
- Ability to grow and develop on the way you live
- Learn new things from your partner.
- Need to adapt to a smaller social circle
- May feel lonely
- may feel isolated if not continuing to socialize
Unexpected life events: