- Created by: Jeon32666
- Created on: 05-02-19 18:24
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT(HRM)
It is the strategic approach to the effective management of an organisation's workers so that they can help the business gain a competitive advantage.
What is the purpose of HRM?
The central purpose of the HRM is to recruit, train and use the workers of an organisation in the most productive manner so that they can assist the firm in the achievement of its objectives.
What are the roles of HRM?
- Workforce planning
- Recruitment and selection
- Developing employees
- Employment contract
- Employee morale and welfare
- Incentive systems
PROCESS OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
What is meant by the term 'recruitment'?
It is the process of identifying the need for a new employee, defining the job to be filled and type of person need to fill it and then attracting suitable candidates for the job.
The steps of the recruitment and selection process are as follows:
- Preparing a job description which states all the key tasks and responsibilities of the job
- Drawing up a person specification
- Preparing a job advertisement
- Drawing up a shortlist of applicants
- Selecting between applicants
TWO METHODS OF RECRUITMENT
- No need for induction training
- Cheaper and quicker than external recruitment