- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 18-02-19 05:10
- The conditions inside your body must be kept steady, even when the external environment changes. This is really important because your cells need the right conditions in order to function properly, including the right conditions for enzyme action.
- Homeostasis is all about the regulation of the conditions inside your body (and cells) to maintain a stable internal environment, in response to changes in both internal and external conditions.
- You have many automatic control systems in your body that regulate your internal environment- these include both nervous and hormonal communication systems. For example, there are control systems that maintain your body temperature, your blood glucose levels, and your body water content.
- All of your automatic control systems are made up of three main components- cells called receptors, co-ordination centres (including the brain, spinal cord and pancreas…