- Created by: Charlottealice65
- Created on: 09-06-11 10:05
What impact did World War Two have on women up until 1951?
- Introduced compulsory work for mothers and single women, working for the 'National Good'
- As of 1941, women aged 19 to 41 were forced to work
- Women could work alongside men
- Childcare improved as a result of compulsory work
- In 1938 there were 104 day nurseries and 118 nursery schools
- In 1944 there were 1559 full/part time nurseries and 784 nursery schools
- Work was often in 10 hour shifts and on a rotation…