- Created by: Charlotte Jones
- Created on: 17-03-13 15:54
Henry VII and Foreign Policy up to 1529
What were the aims of Henry's foreign policy?
- To establish himself as a renaissance Prince (rich, educated, powerful and cultured)
- To dominate European politics
- To resist the power of enemies of England
- To maintain the balance of power in England
How successful was Henry's foreign policy?
- Biggest success was the Scottish Campaign of 1513
- Defeated James IV
- Caused weakening of the Scottish monarchy (James IV's son was a minor so the Scottish Crown was disputed for some time)
- The Treaty of London was a great achievement even…