- Created by: Jessveasey
- Created on: 10-03-20 15:01
- examine how female offenders are treated within the crinminal justice system, including the police and courts.
- the double deviance thesis suggests that the criminal justice system treats some women harshly compared to others. female offenders (particulary those who deviate from gender stereotypes) are treated as double deviants because they have broken the norms governing genmder behaviour as well as the law.
- they examine the ways women are victimised in society. they question why domestic violence and sex crimes are under reported to the police.
- women have a lower rate of offically recorded crime than men and commit fewer serious crimes. she uses the control theory to explain this from the feminist prespectives.
- control theory emphasises the…