- Created by: Mia.A.W
- Created on: 08-06-21 12:29
KEY: = was revolutionary = not revolutionary
Why did it happen?
- Driven by fear of Catholicism
- The bed pan baby
- Godden vs Hales
- James reissued the Declaration of Indulgence in 1688 giving toleration to all religious groups, both protestant and Catholic.
- Desire for stability
- The key aim of the political elite was to remove James and then bring about stability, the only way to do this was through a change of monarch
- Actions of the elite determined to defend their power and influecne
- The Immortal 7 were seven leading political figures representing virtually all sections of the political nation in England
- It was possible for different people to beleive completely different things about the Glorious Revolution:
- Maclaulay concluded that it was the least violent revolution known to history