- Fischer thesis
- Believed that Germany deliberately started World War One to become a world power
- Used the death of Franz Ferdinand to plan war
- Used war as a solution to internal problems
- Believed that Germany started WW1 to sort out domestic problems
Blackburn and Eley:
- 'History from below'
- Believed that WW1 was caused by the elite reacting to the growth of political diversity and a desire for each region and area to have a genuine political voice
- Wanted to hold down traditional conservative structure despite the changing class
- Germany 'offensively conducted war'
- Believed that Hitler was in control for somethings yet not for others - took a middle stand point
David Lloyd George:
- 'The nations…
Similar History resources: