Bullet points and numbered lists
- Bullet points are symbols which go at the start of each new point in a list.
- Lists can sometimes be numbered instead.
- They are often used when the writer wants to give lots of info.
- They separate complex info into step-by-step points, to make it easier to read.
- When writing about bullet points and numbered lists, you should show you know that the writer has thought carefully about how to present the text, and show you know that bullet points have an effect on the reader.
- You should also show you understand that the numbers are there for a reason.