- Created by: AmberEB
- Created on: 19-06-17 20:20
How to approach each question
Start with Question 5! You should do this question for at least 45 mins.
24 marks for content and organisation - AO5
16 marks for technical accuracy - AO6
Q5. Write a description suggested by this picture:
(Picture the exam board provide)
Or: Writing a story
10 mins PLAN: Choose your task
- How will you write a powerful opening?
- How can you link the ending back to this opening?
- What will you focus on in each paragraph?
Narrative voice - Whose perspective will you write from?
What will you ''zoom in'' on for detail?
How can you change the focus?
Then begin to write - 30 minutes.
Last 5 minutes - CHECK + EDIT!
- Vocabulary check - have you chosen the best word? Could you be more ambitious in places. Change a word?
- Have you linked your ending back to the opening paragaph?
- Have you used a variety of punctuation - more than just full stops, commas and capital letters? E.g ; ' ( ) ? !
- Have you used some complex sentences? E.g starting with a connective..
- Staring with an adverb
- Have you varied your paragraph lengths for effect?
Read for five mins - Highlight interesting words / phrases / structure as you read
Section A: Reading - 5 mins - Question 1
List four things from this part…