Filtration is used to separate an Insoluble solid from a Liquid:
- Filtration can be used if your productt is an insoluble solid that needs to be separated from a liquid reaction mixture.
- It can be used in purification as well. For example, solid impurities in the reaction mixture can be separated out using filtration.
Crystallisation is used to separate a soluble solid from a solution:
- Here's how you crystallise a product:
- Pour the solution into an evaporating dish
- Slowly heat the solution. Some of the solvent will evaporate and the solution will become more…