Farming and food production
Agriculture pros and cons:
- Provides more land for crops
- removes habitat for pests
- Removes habitat for other herbivores
- Can affect water cycle
- leads to rapid erosion of soil
Irrigation systems -:
- Provide water for crops and farms, reducing plant limiting factors
- Withdrawal of water from natural sources
- Can lead to leaching of natural minerals.
- Nitrate ions for proteins and leaf growth
- Phosphate and ATP for flowers and fruits
- Magnesium for leaves, chlorophyll and stems
- Excess fertiliser can kill wildlife in pnds and streams.
- Cultivation is quicker
- More pollution
- Soil is compacted and is harder for water to penetrate.