EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH METHODS
Experimental research methods not to be confused with research design. Like it says, method is sort of like the way research is done. not to be confused with design which is sort of like the format/layout (body) of the research.
VERY VERY VERY QUICK!
Lab experiments :
- High control over variables
- Sophisticated measurements which gives precise results
- It can be replicated by other researchers. If results are similar then provides reliability in results
- too much control makes it artificial and it lacks realism
- lacking realism means it cannot be generalised and therefore lacking eco-validity
- higher influence of demand characteristics due to too much artificial control
Field experiments: done in a naturalistic environment
- higher eco-validity
- more realism as it is done in a natural environment