- Created by: Chrissy
- Created on: 04-01-12 22:23
Strengths of the Social Learning Theory Approach
- Takes into account the cognitive processes involved in learning
- Uses both experimental & non-experimental (observational) methods of research
- Applied to many areas of psychology & provides effective explanations of behaviour e.g. the acquisition of gender roles.
1 of 2
Weaknesses of the Social Learning Theory Approach
- Doesnt fully explain individual differences - what may be percieved as 'reinforcement' for one may not be for another.
- Doesnt take into account all behaviour - such as criminals who havent observed criminal behaviour.
- Doesnt take into account the roles of biology & genetics in behaviour.
- Laboratory experiments are highly artificial - therefore they lack ecological validity & are difficult to adapt & generalise to everyday behaviour.
2 of 2