- Created by: Sarah
- Created on: 29-01-15 15:30
"The full human development of every human person both now and in future generations cannot be seperated from the fate ofthe earth" - Catholic Bishop conference 2002
- Responce to the influnential book 'Silent spring' - Rachel carson
- Explored interconnectiveness of wildlife, the food chain and the effects pesticides had on it
Two divergent theories:
- Deep ecology
- Shallow ecology
- Naess claimed there are two types of ecological movements in the world:
- Concern for pollution and the depletion of natural resources which are of values to human (shallow)
- Concern for the richness, diversity and instrinsic value of the natural world (deep)
- In deep ecology, every being, human, or animal has an equal right to live and blossom. - Ecosophy
- Ecosophy "A philosoph of ecological harmany or equalibrium"
- Rejects the idea of humans having greater inprotance.
- Objects to the chirstian notion of stewardship, its arrogant and emphasises self…